LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVERTER FAN SPEED TOP CHANGE WITH TIME

Hello, 

I will try to be as concise and brief as possible. The situation is: 

I want to change the inverter output control to change after a certain amount of time. Now, the VI is not mine and still trying to understand the overall connection. I am aware there are 3 DAQ's and temperature and velocity  sensors as well as some sort of control for the inverter. I have also seen the related articles on PWM signals etc to control and I'm getting the impression that this is easier than what I make it. Any suggestions would be massively appreciated. I have attached the initial code FYI. 

Thanks iun advamnce, 

Vas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(2,712 Views)

Hi Vas,

unfortunately you didn't attach the whole project, so the subVIs are missing…

@VAS90 wrote:

I want to change the inverter output control to change after a certain amount of time. Now, the VI is not mine and still trying to understand the overall connection. I am aware there are 3 DAQ's and temperature and velocity  sensors as well as some sort of control for the inverter.

So there is some unknown inverter - you only know about its type and interface.

There are a lot of sensors (DAQ channels) giving samples.

There is some unknown control algorithm as you didn't attach the subVIs.

My first attempt would be to simplify this VI to the plain task of reading the needed inputs for your inverter, apply the control algorithm and output the needed data…

Why do you mention "PWM" when you currently work with only analog inputs and outputs?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 14
(2,685 Views)

Hi 

Sorry about the sub VI not being attached. Not sure how to include them,. That said, thank you for your input, I basically only want to (either change the control named ''inverter output'' to something that will be able to change value after a certain amount of time. The two areas I'm stuck with are do I need to change the control to something that will vary upon time? also what is the best way to go about setting time instances in regards to fan speed (inverter)

I have attached a a pictorial FYI. Hope it helps. P.s No PWM , I got confused with an other setup. 

Regards, 

Vas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(2,675 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(2,673 Views)

Hi Vas,

@VAS90 wrote:

Sorry about the sub VI not being attached. Not sure how to include them,.

Attach them, like you attached the main VI…

(Or ZIP the whole project folder.)

Attaching images inside a MS-Word document doesn't help at all!

@VAS90 wrote:

That said, thank you for your input, I basically only want to (either change the control named ''inverter output'' to something that will be able to change value after a certain amount of time. The two areas I'm stuck with are do I need to change the control to something that will vary upon time? also what is the best way to go about setting time instances in regards to fan speed (inverter)

Learn the LabVIEW basics. They are thought in the "Training resources" offered in the header of the LabVIEW board.

Then learn about programming schemes, like state machines.

Define steps you want to fulfill with your program.

Create a state in your state machine for each step you defined…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(2,666 Views)

Hello again friends, 

Pseudocode:

1/ Invreter output set at a specified value (lets say 10) 

2/start running at t=t1

2/ run for 3600 sec

3/ stop

and then the same again for a value of 20 @ t=t2, etc

all this ideally to be done automatically. 

I have had some feedback but literally confused myself now. (state machines, local variables, property nodes, case structures)

OVERLOAD!!!

Any guidance of best approach would be massively appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(2,691 Views)

A state machine includes a case structure, and that's all you need. Look at the templates.

You are a new member. Where did you get these mentioned replies? How familiar are you with LabVIEW in general? Did you do the tutorials?

Message 7 of 14
(2,645 Views)

Best Practice for coding properly...

Starts with developing a design that meets the needs.

Please see this post AND the attached documents for some examples of design documents.

Only AFTER you have a design that will work should you start to code. IN my case I paste the appropriate design images into the block diagram to act as a development guide as I code and to remind me latter "what the HE11 where you thinking Ben?".

Now if you come up with a design and need help turning it into LV, share your design and someone will mostly likely be able to progress.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 14
(2,631 Views)

Hi Vas,

even though you started a new thread you basically got the same answers.

(As a new member you also should read the guidelines for using this forum…)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(2,619 Views)

And please don't capitalize your subject line unnecessarily.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(2,609 Views)