LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INDICATOR / CONTROL NEWBIE QUESTION

Solved!
Go to solution

Why are there four different images for a boolean ind or control and how can I utilize them?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,788 Views)

well, there are 4 states:

- switched off

- switched on

- switching to off

- switching to on

Using system controls you get two more states:

- mouse over switched off

- mouse over switched on

Start reading the LabVIEW help here

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,780 Views)

Hi Gearimiester,

My name is Jonathan and I work within the Applications Enginering department at NI in the UK, 

These images look to be images saved to the clipboard in the customisation of the control/indicator so rather than using a lit up LED you could have a specific image representing the state, Are you wanting to utilise all 4 of the images? Obviously boolean is 1 of 2 states.... True or False so really only 2 states can be used and therefore only 2 representing images.

You could edit 4 boolean indicators to be transparent wehn they are false and use the images to be the true value rather than a colour and then overlay each one on top of the other. 

If you let me know what it is you are specifically looking to achieve I would be happy to help.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,774 Views)

OK - Is there any way to access the other states with a blink property node so as to change the image from on to say switching to off? I was trying to impliment a different png image for the blinking property.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,768 Views)

Jonathan~

Yes they are my custom png files and see reply above for application.

Your solution is workable and I have done it with some other button - indicator applications but I have found that if I do this while the indicators are inside a cluster it really draws on the cpu while idle and slows down the application when running. So I was trying to avoid having to do that if possible.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,761 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gearmiester

Hi,

no, using the Blink property just changes some colors…

When you want free control of the shown image you could use a PictRing instead…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 6 of 9
(2,759 Views)

HI,

I guess you could use property nodes to edit the blinking of the LED. I personally edited the Indicator and replaced the standard green block with an image from file.

Ive attached some steps below:

cheers

J

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,752 Views)

Then i would reccomend teh use of Pictring functions, you may find this article useful:

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3211/en/

Cheers

J

Message 8 of 9
(2,740 Views)

Thanks for the input guys.

I think I will check out the ring control option and use it as the indicator. now I just need to work out how to control it programmatically.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,724 Views)