LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQdx software

Hi,

I'm currently trying to build a VI that interfaces with a USB camera. The current model we are testing with is a Samsung HZ30 camera. I am using labview 2009 + Vision Assistant 2009, and installed the IMAQdx drivers. However, when I load up the Measurment & Automation assistant, I can't see this camera. I assume this is because the camera dosen't have directshow, but I was wondering if their were any common new users faced trying to set up a camera with labview IMAQ. Any tips for getting a camera to work?

Also, what models of cameras have people had sucess with? Any advice appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,175 Views)

What are you trying to accomplish with this particular camera?

Remote control through LabVIEW, to remotely take a picture; or are you trying to use it as a machine vision camera and stream video to the PC?

Most consumer cameras are rather limited in their remote-control capabilities... few even have a remote shutter release.  You can probably use PTP to grab images through LV, although that could be tricky.  Remote shutter actuation is probably not possible with that camera.

My D90 has connectors for timers/shutter releases, and some A/V connections to get video/viewfinder out from it.  With some hardware, that may be able to interface to LV.  My P&S doesn't even have a remote release, USB is really just for moving pictures once they're taken and saved on the memory card.

Not saying it's not possible, it's just going to cost more and not work as well as a camera better suited for the application... Might have better luck with a USB webcam type device.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,172 Views)

I'm trying to get it to take a single picture and transmit it to labview. We're planning to buy a better camera, but we want to have some exprience with programming with IMAQ before using funds to purchase it, and we had a cheap consumer camera on hand.

Will a camera that can work with Labview be visible in the Measurment and Automation assistant?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,160 Views)

Try a webcam. I used a no-name brand and it seems to work with no problem. If you need a brand, try a logitech 9000.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,153 Views)