IMAQdx interferes with traffic on second NIC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

My system:

- Labview 2011 SP1 with NI Vision and IMAQdx

- Windows 7 - 32bit

- 2 Network cards (Intel Pro 1000)

On one NIC (subnet: 192.168.0.x - Intel pro driver) a Ranger from Sick is connected. The ranger works with Sicks Ranger Studio or the Ranger Labview Toolkit.

On the second NIC (subnet: 192.168.1.x - Realtek dreiver) a GigE Vision camera from Basler is connected. It works with Baslers Pylon viewer and the IMAQdx GigE functions in Labview.

If I am starting the acquisition of both cameras by using the Ranger Studio and the Basler Pylon Viewer (no Labview) both cameras acquire images at high speed without any interference.

If I use Ranger Studio or LV-Ranger Toolkit for the Ranger Acquisition it works UNITL I start a Labview VI containing the IMAQdx VIs for acquiring images from the Basler camera. As soon as the VI is loading the Ranger Acquisition stops and the Ranger looses the connection.

I suppose the IMAQdx driver is somehow interfering with both NICs.

Any suggestions how to exclude one of the NICs from the IMAQdx driver or can anybody tell me what happens on the network driver layer when loading IMAQdx?

The goal of my LV application is that both cameras can be used in parallel!

THANKS!

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,300 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mawodorfer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,292 Views)

I did the following things:

- Sorted the NICs like it is described here: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD9E1AF5AB1343098625736F0076DE6B?OpenDocument

- The first NIC became the 192.168.0.2 and the second became 192.168.1.2

- I changed the connection: Ranger to the second NIC and GigE-camera to the first NIC

- I deactivated the ping signal as described above.

And now it looks like it is working.

Best Regards
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,279 Views)