From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ usb Camera black screen in exe file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, 

USB Camera works in vi file. In the exe file but the screen is black. I tried other solutions posted in the forum. There are those who wrote that it was fixed when repaired. I tried again it didn't work. Then I completely uninstalled labview. I reinstalled. It still didn't work. How can I find a solution?

Thanks for help 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,939 Views)

Hi Melli,

do you get any errors in your executable from IMAQ?

When the image display stays black then there should be an error…

AFAIK you need runtime licenses to use IMAQ/Vision functions in executables: can this be an error source in your case? (I'm not sure about that as I don't work with IMAQ.)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,934 Views)

There is no errors. Just black screen. 
I checked licenses. It is okey. 

I tried it when I took labview lesson. I saw it working. But now I'm stuck in my undergraduate project.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,931 Views)

Hi Melli,

do you even check for errors in your executable? Is there some error logging in your program implemented?

(One more idea: Did you verify the correct camera references is used in the executable?)

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,921 Views)

Hi, GerdW

I put error box. There was not error. The interesting thing is the camera works in vi.

I think it's a firewall issue. Do you think this could be the problem? If it is firewall problem, how can I solve?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,891 Views)

Hi Melli,

@MelliCain wrote:

I think it's a firewall issue. Do you think this could be the problem? If it is firewall problem, how can I solve?

Maybe a firewall interferes network communication of your executable…

To solve that you need to check the firewall settings/parameters/rules!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,888 Views)

I checked the firewall. Exe file is allowed. I did it once. There was no problem. Why is this happening? How can I find a problem? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,865 Views)

Hi Melli,

@MelliCain wrote:

How can I find a problem? 

Then you need to debug your code.

As you did not provide any attachments so far you need to do that on your own!

When the executable only "shows a black image" then I see two options:

• there is an error when IMAQ is called, resulting in a black IMAQ indicator
  • there is no error when calling the IMAQ functions: in this case the camera actually delivers "just a black" image. (Does your executable set any camera properties in a weird way?)

In the end it sums up to "Debug your code"…

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,859 Views)

I have had this problem before. The quick fix was to manually install the vision runtime engine. There is a kowledgebase for this but I can't find it now.

https://www.ni.com/en-gb/support/downloads/software-products/download.vision-development-module-runt... 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,856 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MelliCain

In the EXE build settings, there is check box called "Allow future versions of the LabVIEW Runtime to run this application".  Try turning that off.  

Message 10 of 12
(1,852 Views)