From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ on micro particles

I'm evaluating setting up an application controlled
by a LabVIEW program where I have to do image accquisition
on small particles on the size of 5 to 10 u (10E-6 m).
This to evaluate the size and shape of these small particles.
We're talking about particles in a fluid.

Has anybody been into such an application out there,
that could give me some hints about what kind of hardware
we could be talking about ?
Martin
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,237 Views)
Martin,

Publicly, I can advise you as to a general direction. Privately (email me at labviewguru@yahoo.com) I can probably set you up with what you need.

Publicly: You are talking about doing a vision inspection system, I presume. Such a task as yours requires some serious equipment and software. I would recommend the following types of equipment:

Digital Camera, high resolution (NOT a Cohu! - very bad experience with the company and hardware). You will need a microscope to attach this to, or a microscopic lens/lens system. This is going to be pricey. You will need lighting, depending on your application, this could get expensive, but not as expensive as the lens by any means.

Once you have an image, then you will need software. IMAQ Vis
ion and Vision Builder are a must. You will need to then determine, from your requirements, what needs to be done.

Privately, I, through the company I am with now, am just finishing off a complex and unique vision application. Please contact me if you are interested in discussing the matter further. I apologize to the board for soliciting business here, but I cannot possibly suggest enough here to get you going with your application. It is very complex. If you don't have experience with this, I would strongly suggest working with a National Instruments Alliance Member to integrate your solution.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,237 Views)