From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ extract (-1074396077), Crop Image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a 12 bit CCD camera (Vosskühler). I use the IMAQ vi's, to take the image from the CCD cam the IMAQ Snap.vi. The communication to the camera works fine...

I'd like to crop the "full" image, take a rectangular region of interest of this image. For this purpose I use the IMAQ Extract.vi.

Problem: when I try to crop directly the image which is coming from the camera, the IMAQ Extract.vi generates an error (-1074396077). BUT when I first save the picture on a local drive, reload it again and try to crop it then, then it works properly ! What can be the problem ?

I attached the vi which does not work...

Many thanks for your help

PS: I mean I have a solution with the save, close and reload, but I don't like this !

Cheers, Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,382 Views)

Hello MJ77,

can you please delete the image type of the croped image, so no constant is connected?

test.PNG

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,334 Views)

Hi Alexander,

unfortunately it also does not work ! I have deleted the constant (grayscale u16) from the croped image, but the error still occur.

In my understanding, the "depth" of the pixel (grayscale u8, u16, ...) should not affect a cropping function, but probably I'm wrong.

Do you have another idea ?

Best regards, Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,320 Views)

What happens if you don't wire "Image Dst" into the IMAQ Extract VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,310 Views)

Hi,

if I don't wire the "Image Name" input of the "IMAQ Extract.VI" then the LabVIEW can't be executed...

if I wire "Image Dst" to the "Image Name" input --> same error...

Did I understand your answer right ?

Other ideas ?

Many thanks. Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(6,303 Views)

Remove the two IMAQ Dispose functions -- they are destroying your images (which are being built just fine, I checked) before you can see them, then when you try to manipulate non-existant images, you get an error.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(6,293 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MJ77

Hello MJ77

attached a vi in this you can see what image type came out of the snap function and also the option to load from a file.

I get the same error like you if the image types are not the same.

best regards
Alexander
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,268 Views)

Thanks at all !

The problem was the data type. Although I defined U16, it was I16 returned from the camera.

LG Matthias

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,232 Views)