From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ drop down list

Hello, 

I am just trying to create a basic drop down menu/list in LabView & I am struggling. I want to use the IMAQ property node, but I can't get my options to show up on my front panel. What do i do?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,193 Views)

@chicagostudent7 wrote:

Hello, 

I am just trying to create a basic drop down menu/list in LabView & I am struggling. I want to use the IMAQ property node, but I can't get my options to show up on my front panel. What do i do?

What does a ListBox (which creates drop-down lists) have to do with IMAQ and Property Nodes?  What are you trying to do?  What will be "listed" in the ListBox?  You aren't trying to programmatically invoke a "selected" Property Node, are you?  [I can't, myself, think how to do that easily ...].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,152 Views)

Hello,

Please let us know what you want the list in LabVIEW to contain, and how you would like to access properties in the property node. Are you trying to programmatically populate the listbox so you can access arbitrary IMAQ properties at run-time? If so, you may need to create an accessor VI or case structure to allow user access to the properties you would like them to be able to change.

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,144 Views)

So I work in a lab that uses LabView to view imaging from an analog camera that we have connected via comports. The code has gone through some corruption and we lost some aspects of it. The aspect of the code that causes the viewing of the camera, in the right video channel, is intact, however, the code for the drop down menu that controls the Channels is not. 

The purpose for the drop down menu is have it display the name of the Video Channels and when you select something from the drop down menu, the video display changes with it. However, I can't figure out how to create a drop down menu that actually displays multiple options. I have constructed basic code to display the drop down menu itself, but I cannot figure out how to add choices to the drop down menu. Whenever I click the drop down menu, the only thing available is a check in an empty grey box. 

I hope this has been more clear, and I can also post pictures of my basic code structure if necessary. Sorry for the confusion earlier. Since both responses had somewhat the same questions, I haven't quoted one because this is hopefully clarifying my earlier question. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,130 Views)

I forget what kind of Control you are using -- this is how to program a Combo Box, a String Control that lets you choose a String from a Dropdown list.  The list of available String outputs are saved as an array of strings in the Strings[] Property of the Control.  When I initialize my ComboBox, I also set the Value property to an empty String, as I want to force the User to choose from the list.  I then use a Value Change property on the ComboBox to tell me when a value has been chosen.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,119 Views)