From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ System Error using IMAQ Clipboard to Image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, 

I have a VI that prints screen and then uses the IMAQ Cliboard to Image function to get the image into something I can manipulate in LabVIEW. 

This works perfectly when I am in the LabVIEW environment. As soon as I select any other program LabVIEW throws the error below. I don't know if this is a LabVIEW error or something to do with the way the Window's clipboard works. 

Error.PNG

Any help would be appreciated, or other ideas of how to take an image of what's on my computer screen to do analysis in LabVIEW. 

VI attached below - LV 2015

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,007 Views)

Depending on what version of Windows and what other accessories (such as SnagIt) you may have installed, there are Windows-centric ways to capture areas of the screen and save it to a file (either bitmap or .png).  Such files could be opened using LabVIEW and IMAQ functions.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,988 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author unconventionalocelot

Hi, 

I can get the .VI to work in any active window if I change the second I8 from the call library function node from 0 to 1. 

Hope this helps. 

Regards, 

Nathan

Message 3 of 4
(2,959 Views)

Thanks for your replies!

@Bob - unfortunately I need it to continuously monitor the screen so saving to file is not possible.

Nathan's suggestion works and my code is running okay now, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,952 Views)