LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Machine vision does not appear in labview palletes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everybody! I have been installed NI IMAQ, IMAQdx an IMAQ I/O. in Labview 2012, and I have been activated as well, but the problem is functions like edge detector does no appear in my pallete, only a few appears.

Here is a picture of the vision pallete.

What could be doing wrong? Any idea?

I'm using IMAQ 4.7.2

IMAQdx 4.1

IMAQ I/O 2.6.1

Labview 12.0 (32-bit)

Best regards! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,640 Views)

You describe installing the Vision drivers (IMAQ and IMAQdx).  I assume you have the license needed for IMAQdx.  You also need to install the Vision Toolkits (maybe they are called "Modules").  Since you want Machine Vision, I think there's a second Module/Toolkit for that ...  In particular, when I load LabVIEW with the Vision Acquisition Software installed, the Splash Screen (your LabVIEW Version picture) shows a Camera + LabVIEW icon (and others for other Toolkits/Modules I use), whereas your picture shows none.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,610 Views)
Solution
Accepted by stevemena

Hi steve

Now you have installed Vision Acquisition drivers only. Using this you can perform limited operations. For Image processing algorithm development and machine Vision applications you have to install Vision Development module. With this module you can access all NI IMAQ functions. 

Happy to Wire
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,603 Views)

Thanks! It worked for me. 

But now I have a quiestion: I use IMAQdx for picture acquiring because I do not have NI hardware, but when I use the IMAQ processing function it says format image does not support, use IMAQ picture, is there any way to convert imaqdx to imaq for processing?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,576 Views)

Hi Steve,

For all kind of image acquisition (irrespective of hardware) you have to use NI imaqdx functions. I didn't understand your problem, can you please share some screenshots with me. 

Happy to Wire
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,561 Views)

The drivers, IMAQ, IMAQ I/O, and IMAQdx, support different hardware.  As you note, IMAQ and IMAQ I/O support specific NI hardware (I believe "old stuff", possibly frame grabbers).  Most modern cameras, including those with both USB and GigE interfaces, use IMAQdx (which, as I noted, needs a separate license, even for Run-Time use).  Many cameras work with IMAQdx, but not all of them.

The "universal" way to check if your hardware is supported by your particular LabVIEW setup is to plug in the hardware and fire up MAX, the Measurement and Automation eXplorer.  Look for your device under Devices and Interfaces.  You should see something like this:

BS Devices.png

This shows two cameras -- the "Integrated Webcam" attached to my Laptop, and an Axis M1031-W camera with a TCP/IP connection (be sure to expand Network Devices if your camera is on the network).

What do you see when you do something similar on your system?

You can also expand Software.  On my LabVIEW 2016 system, I see the following Vision-related entries:

• NI-IMAQ, NI-IMAQ I/O, and NI-IMAQdx
  • Vision Common Resources 2016, with Image Processing and Machine Vision, and Image Services
  • Vision Development Module, with Runtime Support 2016 and Development Support 2016

Bob Schor 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,559 Views)

@stevemena wrote:

But now I have a quiestion: I use IMAQdx for picture acquiring because I do not have NI hardware, but when I use the IMAQ processing function it says format image does not support, use IMAQ picture, is there any way to convert imaqdx to imaq for processing?

-The NI-IMAQ, NI-IMAQdx, and NI-IMAQ I/O are each driver packages installed by NI Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) for use with different image acquisition devices.

-There are no separate VIs for Processing to NI-IMAQ and/or NI-IMAQdx. NI Vision functions are common across all.

-What Vision function you tried to use? What does the error exactly say?

-There are specific functions you can use only on specific image types(say RGB(or U32 or Color), Grayscale(U8 generally) and Binary Images). I guess that you should be your problem because you are trying to use some function which cannot work on the input image type.

-If you check the help of that specific function it will show the Supported image types. 

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,548 Views)
Solution
Accepted by stevemena

Okay, maybe I did not explain myself clearly. The thing is, I'm starting with NI VISION. My first program is a low pass filter to an image captured with IMAQ dx because I do not have NI hardaware using IMAQ processing functions in Vision pallete. 

When the program runs I recieve this error:

Error -1074396080 occurred at IMAQ LowPass 

IMAQ Vision:  Invalid image type.

Then I have some questions:

First: Is there a difference in the storage format of the image when taken with IMAQdx or IMAQ?

Second: To use the image processing functions must these have necessarily been taken with NI hardware? 

And finally Is there any way to convert from images taken with IMAQdx to IMAQ?

Thanks a lot!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,537 Views)

You need to use image which is coming from Imaqdx grab.vi and not imaq create.vi.
- imaq create.vi just creates user buffer and that too you are using HSL(U32) which is not supported by IMAQ low pass.vi.

- you can see the supported image types highlighted below from help:

Screenshot_20170304-032433_01_01.png

-You don't necessarily need No hardware for the images.

- As mentioned above Imaqdx is acquisition driver and it doesn't create image of type Imaqdx or imaq.it just creates image and stores of type you specify in IMAQ create.

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,531 Views)

how did u install vision development module?send me the link plzz....since i m facing a similar problem

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(4,298 Views)