LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ Image Overlay not working when saving image to folder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi i attatched the vi with some screen shots.

In that click on open it will opens image_overlay.tiff you just perfom Zoom-- (shift+mousedown) operation on the image using zoom tool then identify the stars(overlays) they are slowly changed to dotted lines. Otherwise you have to draw overlays on the image and click on save, to open the saved image click on open and perform zoom -- operation and identify the changes. 

I attatched the screen shot's also.

vamsi.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,094 Views)

Hi jordan.

Is there any update for overlayed image shown as dotted lines specialy in zoom out mode.

thanks in advance.

vamsi.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,011 Views)

vamsi,

I ran your VI and I think I replicated the behavior you are seeing. Basically, when you zoom out in the image control, diagonal lines start to appear as dotted lines, right?

This doesn't have anything to do with you not performing your overlay correctly. It just seems that you are running into ability of your monitor to display such small features. You'll notice that if you have a vertical line and then zoom out, the line doesn't turn into a dotted line, although it may disappear if you zoom out far enough.

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(999 Views)

hi jordan, 

thank's for your reply,

Not only diagonal lines vertical and horozontal lines do the same when i zoom out.

if i am running my monitor not to display such small features

i attatched the vi which save the overlayed image in .jpg format in the application directory. Open that image "Image_overlay1.jpg" in microsoft windows picture manger and perform Zoom out then observe the changes, in that horizontal, vertical and diagonal lines are visibled clearly.

i think that image viewer is doing something else. 

vamsi.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(992 Views)

Hi Vamsi,

You're right, I tried this on some higher resolution screens and saw the same behavior. Rather than being a monitor resolution problem, it seems to be that the IMAQ image control does not resolve the overlay lines well when zoomed out. NI is aware of the behavior and CAR # 659252 has been created for this issue. Like with any software bug, NI R&D must prioritize issues that have the highest impact on our customers, so I can't give any indication on when this behavior might be fixed. 

-Jordan

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(977 Views)