LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAQ AVI for Labview Research License

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, does IMAQ AVI Vi available for Labview Research License? I have LabVIEW 2013, but I cannot find IMAQ AVI VI\i in it. I have installed this from this url (http://www.ni.com/download/ni-vision-acquisition-software-february-2013/3818/en/). I don't think this is it as I still cannot find the IMAQ AVI VI in my Labview. It shows '?' on the VI.

If someone know where can I get it, please share it with me. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,339 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nabil208

Vision Acquisition Software (VAS) is the acquisition drivers and interfaces for NI acquisition boards, smart cameras, as well as GigE and other standard camera interfaces. It comes with a minimal set of IMAQ VIs that are installed into your LabVIEW folder. These VIs allow to grab images from these sources and display them in a LabVIEW frontpanel but lack all other IMAQ Vision VIs for analysis and other Vision operations. Here you can see a list of VIs that get installed by VAS. Note that this is for VAS 2010, and there might be minimal differences with other versions.

In order for the entire IMAQ Vision Tools palette to be available you have to install the National Instruments  Vision Development Module instead. The 2013 download would be here. For information about if your current license includes rights to run this module you best call your National Instruments representative with the serial numbers you have. They can tell you quickly what software modules your license entitles you to use.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 2 of 4
(2,317 Views)

This is probably part of the Vision Development Module, which requires an additional (purchased) License.  Call your NI Sales Rep.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,302 Views)

Hi Rolf Kalbermatter,

I got it now. Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,291 Views)