LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wrote a VI using GPIB port for TDS420A, now i wan to use RS232 also, but it don't work

Beyond the several question that I have heard until now, there is something that makes me nervous, or rather,  why there is not an engineer of NI which is able to create a VISA for the TEKTRONIX 420A?

I am saying this because there are several question amde about this oscilloscope that I have but until now I didn0t receive a valida answer. At this point is better that someone of NI produce this code, please!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(536 Views)
The instrument is old and obsolete and there would seem to be little point in NI rewriting the driver. They create drivers based on demand. They also need an actual instrument to debug any code. I don't see any likelihood of someone trying to buy one on the used market. You can try to do the conversion yourself.

I also don't understand your comment about questions you have. Where have you posted them?
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(527 Views)
Hi Can I ask you to send me the VI because I don't have background to link my TDS420A with my Labview. Thank in advance
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(496 Views)
The original post is 11 years old. Who are you asking and what code do you want? You first posted in January and that should have been enough time to learn LabVIEW basics and instrument control.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(484 Views)

Could you tell us what this library means? From a quick glance at the VIs inside it looks like the original old TDK4xx driver from the Instrument driver network. It definitely has no provisions for communicating through a serial port (and uses some very old obsoleted VISA functions too).

While it is principally not a huge amount of work to add serial support to a VISA based driver it's still work that has to be done, and without an instrument to test the result, a pretty frustrating experience too.

Maybe you wanted to upload the fruits of your work in the last 2 years since your first post, so others can profit from your modifications to the driver to support also serial port communication. In that case you grabbed the wrong archive from your computer to upload!

Or this was meant as a dump on this forum, in the hope that someone does the work for you. In that case it was both pretty assuming and rude. Considering that your last post was about 2 years ago, you really should have had enough time to improve your knowledge in LabVIEW and VISA programming, to do this yourself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(395 Views)

Serial Support for the Tek is not hard, just remember the following:

1. The Serial cable needs to be a null modem, sometimes hard to find today.
  2. If you are downloading bytes of data, (instead of ascii),  from the instrument turn off the termination character in VISA while you are downloading the data.

Cheers,

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(382 Views)