LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to send the string AA through serial port to outside world

I would like to send the string AA through serial port to outside world, the recived application does not contains uart that translate the HEX code 41, 41 buck to AA, so i would like to store the AA directly at the application local register. What will be the procedure to send the AA through the serial port UART that enables receiving it in my application? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,564 Views)

You just use the VISA Write. Look at the shipping examples called Basic Serial Write and Read and Advanced Serial Write and Read.

I don't understand your comments about no UART at the other end. What are you trying to communicate with?

Message 2 of 4
(2,549 Views)

Yes start with the example Dennis mentioned.

The transmit dat will be whatever you specify. hint: If you right-click on the control/constant that holds your trasmit data, you can choose to display the data in hex form if you want.

Now if you end goal is to get an alternating T/F from the serail port, you will run into trouble since the modern UARTs insist on a at least one start and stop bit.

In that case controlling one of the hand-shaking lines (RTS/CTS etc) may be more apporpriate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 3 of 4
(2,545 Views)

Maybe there's a microcontroller at the other end which has it built-in..  Irregardless of how the target device receives the serial communication, the basic approach is the same.

Have a look at this link if you have trouble finding the example Denis mentionned.

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&view=by_date_ascending&message.id=400813#M400813

R

Message Edited by Ray.R on 04-13-2009 09:21 AM
Message 4 of 4
(2,537 Views)