LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use the SQL Toolkit of NI and SQL Server as my databasis on a server. Do I need to install a client in each computer I want to handle the data into SQL tables or I need only a ODBC driver?

I want to use the SQL Toolkit of NI and SQL Server as my databasis on a server. Do I need to install a client in each computer I want to handle the data into SQL tables or I need only a ODBC driver?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,455 Views)
You only need the ODBC driver on each computer. If you are distributing the SQL Toolkit app as an executable and do not install the whole toolkit on each computer, you'll need the SQL Toolkit support files. This is about a dozen files. You can get the list at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/b814be005f9da9258625658700550c75?OpenDocument.
Message 2 of 5
(2,455 Views)
Dennis,
Thanx for that list! I was getting around to needing it, myself. Neither you or the link mentions where they are to be installed. In the application's directory?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,455 Views)
This is an "educated guess". Probably you can copy all these .dlls in the "Windows -> Systems" directory.
www.vartortech.com
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,455 Views)