From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use an old Daqcard 1200 with Labview 8.5. Where is the driver?

Hi morsejl,

The main reason some of our older devices are not supported with the new NI-DAQmx drivers is that the underlying architecture did completely change between Traditional DAQ and NI-DAQmx.  Our legacy devices do not have hardware capable of working with NI-DAQmx, but we did not want the hardware limitations of our older devices to limit the possibilities of new devices we have and will release in the future.  We did anticipate this to a point, which is why our E Series devices and some others released before NI-DAQmx work with both Traditional DAQ and DAQmx, but the DAQCard 1200 was developed before NI-DAQmx was being kept in mind and does not have the necessary hardware onboard to be controlled by NI-DAQmx.  I apologize that we were not able to maintain compatibility with all of our older devicces and I hope this gives at least some insight as to why it was not possible.
Regards,
John Bongaarts
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(278 Views)