LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to use a pre-assigned filename to save a PNG file

Solved!
Go to solution

I have checked out the report writer for saving a front panel screen and it is more than I need.  How do I take a number that the user has already entered into the vi and use that for a filename to save a bmp of the front panel to a directory?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(2,746 Views)

use the "build path" function in the File I/O Pallete like this

Regards
Guru (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(2,742 Views)

I made the path real simple and it worked.  I must have had an error in my path structure.  Thanks for the input!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(2,731 Views)
OK.  The screen picture of my graph is saved to my job folder.  However, I have several string indicators that overlay my picture and they are not saved along with the graph.  Is there a way to include them without digging down into the code and postioning them that way?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(2,719 Views)

What method are you using? Print to RTF will make a handy Word-ready picture. See attached.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,701 Views)

Broken Arrow,

I'll give it a try.  I have a polar plot with 24 hours worth of an oven temperature on it.  I have some string 'labels' on top of it and I just want to save the entire screen to a file.  I will try your method.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(2,689 Views)

Hi Ronster,

there's a method for the VI to get the (whole) frontpanel as picture data to save it with standard picture file functions...

No need to "print" nor to include your string indicators in strange complicated ways...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,684 Views)
OK, what is it?  By the way, the rtf saved a file that was over 3.5 Mbytes!!!!  Man, that's Microsoft style programming at it's finest!  The bmp or the jpg is only 900 K, but as I have stated, I can't figure out how to save the whole front panel and not just the graph block.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,680 Views)

Hi Ronster,

RTFM!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,676 Views)
Thanks GerdW!  What insight!  Don't quit your day job to become an instructor!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,674 Views)