LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to generate 200micro second delay. how to generate in labview.

I want to generate 200micro second delay. how to generate in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,280 Views)

Use the "Wait Until Next ms Multiple Function" inside your loop.send 200 as a constant input.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,278 Views)

Dear Mahadev

As far as I know you can't. But it may be helpful to have a look of this link

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=81398&requireLogin=False

regards.

Bojan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,271 Views)

Hi i want a delay of 200micro seconds , so can u send me the VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,262 Views)

Be more polite in the forum, please.

Open the link in the post above and then see the post from Rolfk. 

Regards,
Even

Automated Test Developer
Topro AS
Norway
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,255 Views)

What target are you using?  If it is Windows, Mac, or Linux, you cannot generate a 200µsec delay in software.  The multitasking nature of these operating systems makes any sort of timing with resolution better than about 20ms highly problematic.  However, many of the hardware I/O boards National Instruments (and other vendors) sells can generate such delays.  To help you accomplish this, we will need more information (what is your OS, what is your hardware, what is the delay being used for, how is it triggered, etc.).

If you are using FPGA as a target, a 200µsec delay is trivial.  Just use the delay VI at the appropriate point in your code.  RT is similar, although resolution and accuracy will depend on your target processor.

Note that you can use the high resolution timer on most modern processors from LabVIEW using a multitasking OS (use <vi.lib>\Utility\High Resolution Relative Seconds.vi).  This allows you to time things with high resolution, but the results are subject to a lot of jitter and must be treated with caution.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,237 Views)