LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to compare the "screen brightness" of two images using a template image and an acquired image

Solved!
Go to solution

Mostly looking for suggestions on the best way to go about this. Im trying to run a test that will allow me to compare the screen brightness of an LCD using a webcam. Essentially i will cycle power on the screen and every so often the screen will be incredibly dim. Im thinking i should be able to use the subtract feature with the two images and if i have a normal screen it should produce a close to 0 result, whereas the dim screen should give a non zero value (pixel wise) but so far have not been succesful.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,001 Views)

Can you elaborate on what type of equipment you are using and the outputs of this equipment?

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,985 Views)

I am using a logitech usb webcam, I actually managed to find a vi that solved my issue! Thanks for the quick response

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,981 Views)

Glad you found the solution! 🙂

-ncm
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,973 Views)

Help other people by telling what your solution is!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,967 Views)

Make sure your camera exposure settings are manual or your webcam will compensate for any kind of brightness variations you have!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jgarv743

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370281AA-01/imaqvision/imaq_light_meter__point/  I used the rectangle version but this block instead of going with a subtraction! Being new to and self teaching labview i often overstep these easier solutions 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,910 Views)