From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to capture some content on the web page and save it as txt file.

when I get to web page.I want to capture some content( words) and save it as txt file.thanks .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,811 Views)
This VI is complicated. It uses internet explorer to get the string information via ActiveX.
Message 2 of 6
(2,812 Views)
I'm not usre if this will help, but it captures the HTML code of a web page - maybe you could then parse the string for the text you are looking for?

Christopher G. Relf
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Christopher.Relf@mBox.com.au
International Voicemail & Fax: +61 2 8080 8132
Australian Voicemail & Fax: (02) 8080 8132

---
EULA
1) This is a private email, and although the views expressed within it may not be purely my own, unless specifically referenced I do not suggest they are necessarily associated with anyone else including, but not limited to, my employer(s).
2) This email has NOT been scanned for virii - attached file(s), if any, are provided as is. By copying, detaching and/or opening attached files, you agree to indemnify the sender of
such responsibility.
3) Because e-mail can be altered electronically, the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
Message 3 of 6
(2,814 Views)
Good morning
I try to use your nice vi. It works (obviously). I need to download and save a file from a site like this http://remotesite/folder/file1.pdf. I am not able do use activex and i need some help.
could you help me?
thank you
profmarz
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,565 Views)
If you want to save a file from the web, a good way to do this is using a Datasocket Read.  There is an example of downloading and saving an image using the datasocket read VIs here:

Displaying an Image from the Web in LabVIEW

From here you should be able to extrapolate how to save different types of files from a website.  I hope this helps.  Have a great day.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,536 Views)
Thank you,
your nice vi can download images and i will use it in the future. At momemt I need to download .pdf file. I tried datadocket  based vi but the site, in which i found pdf file, don't let me download (other sites let me). In a second step I used an activex based vi and I could see in the browser my document opened in Acrobat Reader. But in order to save the file I have to know some other thing.
The Vi  I tried to use are:
Get_page_&_HTLM.llb
SimpleBrowser.vi 
Regards
Marzi 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,518 Views)