From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to become a Labview programmer and I have no programming experience where do I need to start to learn labview programming

I have had LabVIEW Basics 1 and 2 what do I do next?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,029 Views)
My suggestion is to start with NI's LabVIEW manuals, especially "G Programming Reference" and "LabVIEW Development Guidelines".
Also, you may browse on amazon.com, search for "LabVIEW" and see which books are better for you (after reading their reviews).

Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,029 Views)
Besides Lab Viewer's recomendations, I would also suggest a subscription to LabVIEW Technical Resource (www.ltrpub.com). You can also study the examples that come with LabVIEW and the ones available on the Developers Zone.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,029 Views)
Find a simple application where you can use what you have already learned. Try writing a simple VI and refer to the example programs.

http://labviewtraining.netfirms.com/
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,029 Views)
I always recommend the course of action that I took when I learned LabVIEW (in one week).

Go get "LabVIEW for Everyone" and "Power Programming". They are readily available through NI's website, or through a good technical bookstore, or even a college bookstore. From there, just go through the example programs.

I strongly recommend also learning good style. LabVIEW comes with a style guidelines book (which, apparently, only 6 people have ever read...) This will get you started on the road to good practices. LTR is also a good resource.

Good luck.

Oh, also, when you have gotten some experience, I recommend taking Advanced. I took it (three years after I learned LabVIEW) and was very happy with the course.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,029 Views)