LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a loop to run for EXACTLY 16 hours

what is the best way to ensure that a loop or sequence step runs for exactly 16 hours?, or 24 hours etc etc

thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Hello, If Your one loop does runs less time, than Your precission to hour, You can use this, I think. allso, days, months, years, seconds and minutes.
Good Luck!
Alexei Bluvshtein a.k.a. ProximaBleu
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Thank you for your response. I appreciate your assistance
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Define EXACTLY. None of the popular OS's are deterministic and the computer's internal clocks are not known for their accuracy. You could get a very accurate time source and monitor that and use LabVIEW-RT. My timing requirements are not extremely tight so it is enough that all computers are periodically synchronizeded to a network time source which in turn is periodically synchronized to NIST's atomic clock over the Internet. At the beginning of a loop, I use the Get Date/Time in Seconds to get a start time and every time the executes, the function is called again and the start time is subtracted from the current time. It's accurate enough for my purposes but you'll have to decide how much time and money to spend to approach a more EXACT method.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,758 Views)
The attached file contains another programming logic you can try out.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Here's another way. Set your execution time in the "delta" cluster on the left. And as Dennis Knutson said, remember that most OS's are not deterministic.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,758 Views)