From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want a control that looks like an indicator

Hi all,

I have a strict type def. for a cluster containing many objects (numerical values, strings and menu ring). I need to use the type def. as an indicator and as a control, but I want it to be the same in both case (i don't want the increment/decrement arrows visible, the white backgrounds, etc.).

When I set the cluster as a control, these features automatically appears.

Any idea on how to disable this?

Thanks,

Alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,559 Views)

Right-click on the desired control...visible items...increment/decrement. Uncheck as needed. 🙂

You can color the background any color you want using the color tool.

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-20-2005 09:44 AM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,548 Views)
The simplest thing is to edit the indicators inside the cluster, and to move the increment/decrement buttons behind the numeric display. Give a custom color to the control using the paint brush. That's it. See the attached example.

Edit : just a comment on Christian solution (since he was one more time faster than me). The hide/show option don't work : each time you change the cluster from control to indicator and back the buttons reappear... 😉

Message Edited by chilly charly on 07-20-2005 06:51 PM

Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 3 of 6
(2,544 Views)

Thanks for your quick answers... I figured out that painting the increment/decrement arrows with the transparent color does it, and I had to use custom colors for the backgrounds instead of the "indicator background" and "control background" system colors (didn't notice that they were special colors at the beginning).

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,532 Views)
One point - painting the buttons transparent does not make them disappear - the user will still be able to click them unless you move them out of sight like Charly said.

(2,526 Views)

tst - 1, AlexTR - 0

Yeah... you're perfectly right, I'll put them behind the box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,516 Views)