LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I used to have a vi "Beep+.vi" that was able to make a beep with different frequence/duration on WINDOWS 3.11. It worked with the systemspeaker (no soundcard). Is there a similar vi that works under WINDOWS NT?

Kaba Gilgen AG
Prüffeld
Christian von Allmen
Freiburgstrasse 34
CH-3150 Schwarzenburg
Switzerland
tel: ++41 (0)31 734 43 02
fax: ++41 (0)31 734 43 79

mailto:cvonallmen@kgs.kaba.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,491 Views)
There is a Beep.vi (in 6.0) that can be found under the Functions >> Graphics & Sound >> Sound subpalette. It calls the Windows function MessageBeep and plays the Default sound. If Beep.vi does not work, select Start»Settings»Control Panel and double-click on the Sounds icon. In the Sounds Properties dialog box, make sure that Default sound is enabled.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/3efedde4322fef19862567740067f3cc/862567530005f09e862568540072900d?OpenDocument

Chris_Mitchell
Product Development Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,491 Views)
"Beep.vi" has not worked on my PC for as long as I can remember (First Win95 & now Win98). I decided to track the problem down. I started with the NI knowledge base article on the subject and looked into my "Sounds" control panel and found that I did not have a "Default sound" event at all! I checked another PC and it did have this event, so on that second PC I searched the registry, found where "default sound" existed in it and exported that section of the resistry. I then compared that exported section with the registry on the machine that did not have the event and determined the differences, created a ".reg" file to correct the machine and merged it into the registry. Now it too has a "Default Sounds" event and the "beep.vi" works.

The "Add
default Sounds.reg" file that did the job for me is attached
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,491 Views)