LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I use NI_Database_API.lvlib. Need I use (include) it for creating my executable?

Dear colleagues, I use NI_Database_API.lvlib actively, please explain me need I include it for creating my executable or not? Simply if I include NI_Database_API.lvlib then my executable has become on 2MB greater. It is good or bad I don't know. Please advice me what to do.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,217 Views)

I believe you will need to include it.

The reason is that the Database Connectivity Toolkit can connect to both OLE DB and ODBC databases with the same VIs.  Hence there are dynamic calls under the hood.

However, you tell me.  It sounds like you've built an executable with and without the library.  Does it work without it?

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,212 Views)

Thank you Chris

Yes, my executable is working with and without the library, as a matter of fact my problem is wider, so my application is intended for 24/7 (excuse me but I'm optimist) and I have noticed that memory consumption by my application starts to grow, i.e. now I try to solve this problem from different directions: closing refnums and so on.

These dynamic calls happen roughly not less than 100 times per hour.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,208 Views)

Then it looks like I was incorrect.  If you executable is working fine without the library you do not need to include it.

You should always be closing references when you are done with them.

I don't think 24/7 is that unrealistic, but you will have to solve this memory problem.

Probably the fastest way to figure out what is going on (that is if you are indeed closing all of your references properly) is to use the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit.  If you do not have it, you can always download the eval and use it just for this application.  It will show you any references that your application is opening, dynamic VI calls, and often times will be able to show you memory leaks.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,203 Views)