From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to use a yellow and a white round light but only green and red round light is present in boolean (classic -> boolean)

Solved!
Go to solution

How to change the colour of those lights?? Basically it should glow yellow and white respectively.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,241 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neha987

Right click on your indicator and choose "Properties"

Then under "Appearance" tab, you should see "Colors" (bottom left).

You can change the On and Off colors. Is that what you need?

led.png

GCentral
Message 2 of 6
(2,227 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Neha987

There is a color tool in LabVIEW.

Click on the boolean to make it show the state you want to change color for, eg. dark green for false. Shift-right click to select the color tool underneath the popup box. Then right click on the green area of the boolean. You get a color selection popup dialog. Most LabVIEW parts have two colors: foreground and background. Change them as you want. Repeat for the other boolean state as needed.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,216 Views)

You were given two (almost-equivalent) solutions.  CButcher said to use the Properties of the Boolean Control (which you can get by right-clicking the Control and choosing Properties) -- you get color boxes that you can select to change the colors, just as you can with the Tools Palette that Rolf suggested.

However, NI is slowly moving away from LabVIEW to something called LabVIEW NXG (stands for NeXt Generation), and guess what is (so far) prominently missing -- the Tools Palette.  This (apparently) is considered too "old-fashioned" -- I've seen it be the Tool of Choice for Developers who started using LabVIEW more than 10 years ago, and have heard some of them say that they'll not migrate to NXG if the Tools Palette is missing.

Myself, for this, I'd definitely use the right-click/Properties method, reserving the Tools Palette for some otherwise-hard-to-do cases ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,129 Views)

WHAAAT?  No tools palette???  LOL - If everything you do in the tools palette are instead a right-click away in a context menu, I'd be more than happy to abandon the tools palette.  I haven't had a chance to fool around with NXG yet, though.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,096 Views)