LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to use a 3 way switch in labview

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

nice!

costum_dial.png

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 41
(268 Views)

Thanks !

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 41
(239 Views)
Highlighted

I want to modify this switch such that when clicked it and dragged up it goes up and when clicked and dragged down it goes down. But here it goes up and down only in a sequence. Any idea how to do that?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 41
(233 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Neha,

 

you asked that before - and you already got an answer before!

 

3 days later you need to ask the same question again?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 41
(231 Views)
Highlighted

Yeah, Actually I cannot use the slider. I need to use the same switch as uploaded in the file.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 41
(222 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Neha,

 


@Neha987 wrote:

Yeah, Actually I cannot use the slider. I need to use the same switch as uploaded in the file.


Why do you think you need to use a PictRing when it doesn't help you to solve your problem?

 

Have you read the comments on control customization - and have you read the LabVIEW help on that topic?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 41
(213 Views)
Highlighted

Yes, I have. 

I need to use something like a switch which can be take 3 positions (middle, upper and lower). But something like that is not present in labview. I got this file but then it is not giving the outputs as expected. Can it be edited to give that output??

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 41
(209 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Neha,

 


@Neha987 wrote:

I need to use something like a switch which can be take 3 positions (middle, upper and lower). But something like that is not present in labview.

There is a slider or a dial, which can take 3 positions…

 


@Neha987 wrote:

I got this file but then it is not giving the outputs as expected. Can it be edited to give that output??


This "file" mainly consists of a PictRing. Do you know/understand how this works, especially as control?

Surely you can edit a PictRing…

And you can apply some more code in the VI to enforce the behaviour you want to show on the frontpanel…

 

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 41
(203 Views)
Highlighted

Yeah, I have a little idea about the pictRing. Is there some other method to get a 3 position switch with the functionality mentioned above if not pictRing? And  how can I implement the functionality needed by me in the pict Ring itself?

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 41
(197 Views)
Highlighted

Hi Neha,

 


@Neha987 wrote:

Yeah, I have a little idea about the pictRing. Is there some other method to get a 3 position switch with the functionality mentioned above if not pictRing?


You can draw any image in a 2DPictureIndicator, depending on your user input. Or customize dials/sliders as needed.

 


@Neha987 wrote:

And  how can I implement the functionality needed by me in the pict Ring itself?


Depending on the user input you can switch the PictRing to the corresponding picture. PictRings are even used to show small animations by switching images constantly…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2011SP1 + LV2017 (+LV2020 sometimes) on Win10+cRIO
Message 30 of 41
(194 Views)