LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to know how to calculate precission of a VI

Hello,
I'm developing a system to measure THD of an audio signal.
I'm thinking of using "Harmonic Distortion Analyses 1Chan.vi" that I have found on the examples of my LV7 base package
The problem is that is very important for me to know the precission of the algorithm calcaulation... I have no idea in how calculate the uncertainty of that "digital" measure...
Can anybody help me?

LAURA
CESVAinstruments

Message Edited by Support on 04-19-2006 09:03 AM

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,184 Views)

Good question 🙂

In the (more or less) analog world, you would provide a known signal and read the result. Do some calibration and you could get a good guess on your precision. (However, if you talk to guys from NIST,PTB,... there is a lot more)

Now you have a black box (vi), your known signal is easy ('just' numbers, dt and resolution are known)  and you get a result.Smiley Indifferent

In number crunching your precision depends on algorithms and internal resolution ...  lets see what NI can tells us ...

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,167 Views)
I don't know if you can still edit this post or if someone at NI can do that ( Molly ?), but you shouldn't put your serial number in the post.

I am sorry that I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that the precision of the input will affect the precision of the output.  The less precise your input, the less precise your output.  As for the calculation itself I don't know how much you loose.

Sorry,
Bob Young

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,164 Views)