LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to import 3 different images into a ring control that align properly

Solved!
Go to solution

I want to design a 3 way toggle switch using 3 different images in a picture ring to depict each of the 3 positions of the switch.  I cannot seem to get these images to align properly to do this as they seem to paste into the ring control with different ordinates. How do I accomplish this multiple image alignment?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,214 Views)

They imported at the same location for me.

The one thing I did notice is that the actual image for Up looks like it is about 1 pixel higher than the one for down, when looking at the hex nut.  But that is in the image itself, not the import process.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,209 Views)

Thanks but that isnt the magintude range I am seeing.  The images were all drafted on the same page size but when I copy them to the clipboard and paste them into the ring, it doesnt align at all.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,194 Views)

Can you attach the VI containing the misaligned picture ring instead? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,184 Views)

Attached is the VI I created by importing the pictures.   I did it by opening them in Paint, selecting All, then copying.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,178 Views)

Thanks. I was more interested in the original, misaligned version. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,167 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author id

So the reason was selecting not whole image.

I think better way to copy would be Edit -> Import image to clipboard. This way it processes transparent color correctly and imports full image.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,157 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Thanks. I was more interested in the original, misaligned version. 😄

I figured that.  I might have jumped the gun a little bit.  But I thought the "good" version would be proof to the OP, or usable to him.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,148 Views)