LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to control MDrive17 Motor through Labview

Ravens Fan wrote:

The error sounds like the kind you get if a different application has the Com port open.

Really? If memory serves, you should get an error to the effect of "resource already in use" or something similar.

(1,146 Views)
Dear Ganesh,

I'm glad to hear that you're now able to control your motor from LabVIEW.  Would you please tell us what you did to achieve success?  If you tell us, we can learn from your experience, and future users will have access to the solution on the forums.  Thank you for using the NI forums.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(1,134 Views)

tst wrote:

Ravens Fan wrote:

The error sounds like the kind you get if a different application has the Com port open.

Really? If memory serves, you should get an error to the effect of "resource already in use" or something similar.

Hi Tst,

You're right.  If the resouce is in use the error is -1073807246  The resource is valid, but VISA cannot currently access it.  I couldn't remember the exact wording for it.  The error description of I/O error and the fact he was swapping between multiple propgrams made me think of serial port conflict.  I just didn't have a means to test out the theory at the time.Smiley Happy

So now I'm curious exactly what causes the error he is getting, and what is causing it to work now, but not all the time.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(1,122 Views)
I am also trying to use an MDrive17 with Labview. Could you send to vi that you successfully used to operate the motor?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(1,032 Views)

This code

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=236010#M236010 

seems to solve the problem for me, although the motor seems to ignore parameter set commands.

I'm using an IMS MDrivePlus2, part number MDI4MRQ23C7

Thanks to Brian Beal. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(895 Views)

There's another link you might not have seen...

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/60DDFED7EFEFE7188625705700750821?OpenDocument 

Which specific parameter set commands does it seem to ignore?  Note that the drive includes some commands that are saved immediately, while others will be lost by a reset or power cycle if not specifically saved.  Are you seeing an actual error from either VISA or the drive, or is it that behavior is not as expected?  I'd strongly advise exercising each command of interest from either HyperTerminal or the IMS provided terminal program to confirm syntax of the command and response relative to the command reference documentation.  Contact IMS if you have trouble at this level.

You might want to start a new thread for command specific issues.

Regards,

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(872 Views)