LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with CANBUS implementation in LabVIEW using the NI-embedded CAN for RIO

I am getting started with CANBUS and I need some help understanding how to implement it in LabVIEW. I have a development board, where the single board RIO (sbRIO 9651) is integrated, and motor controller and I need to establish a communication between them using the NI-embedded CAN for RIO library. The motor controller's board is sending messages every 100ms. I started by using the LabVIEW examples for the embedded CAN for RIO and I could read the messages being sent. But I am not sure what to do with the frames and how I can convert those frame into something useful. Do I even need to convert them?

I have a documentation of what each frame should do showing certain actions that need to be sent to the development board and others to be sent from the development board to the motor controller e.g. position of the motor. Do the development board and the motor controller recognize those frames and do the action described by each frame automatically once they read the frames? or do I have to program the logic behind each action after receiving the frame in my labVIEW program? 

Sorry that my post is not well organized but I am confused at the moment and need some guidance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(618 Views)