From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help for DC Asynchronous motor control with Labview Arduino

Hi friends,

I'm trying to contol DC Asynchronous motor with bpm, you know bpm is beats per munite and I will have a software and the software will measure the bpm after it will give two information time and bpm in a data shift probably on excel.

I want to control my motor with bpm, bpm will be my speed like if bpm is 120, my speed will be 7m/s or if bpm is 110, my speed will be 6m/s they are just example to explain my system it's not the corrct one and time will be the period.1 data.png2 data.png3 motor.png4 motor.png

Now, I know how can I take some information from excel and I know how can I control speed manuelly but I don't know how can mix these 2 program.

It's my problem if some one can help me, it will be very valuable to me.

Thankyou 🙂

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,373 Views)

Just to clarify, do you want to use the output in Data Display as the Speed Control input in "dc motor analog control.vi"? You could use "Read From Excel.vi" as a subVI in the other program. You could use auto-indexing for-loops to go through the data in the array.

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,307 Views)

What is a "DC Asynchronous motor"?  I have never heard of that before.  My understanding is that synchrounous and asyncrhounous only applies to AC motors.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,305 Views)

I'm using ''standard motor rc500-fm'' with this circuit ;

13_-_dc_motor_bb.png

Is that servo motor ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,300 Views)

First of all thankyou Madison T,

And yes, absolutely yes it is my problem. I know, you allreay explain the solution but I'm new with that still I'm learning. Can you show me the way clearly to fix that. 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,296 Views)

Here is a pretty in-depth tutorial on implementing subVIs:

Tutorial: SubVIs

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7593/en/

Likewise, here is a document explaining how to auto-index a for loop. It essentially lets you go through the array element-by-element.

Auto-Indexing Tunnels with For Loops and While Loops in LabVIEW

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B85025233861378A86256CE700491E34

Madison T
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,284 Views)

thank you i will try to do that 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,276 Views)