From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a help with an ultrasonic sensor

Excuse me I bought an ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 and I need to know how to program it with labview. When I start labview I don not have any block that represent this sensor, there is one that is shown when I install Linx but I do not like to use linx, is there any other way to obtain the block so that I can program the sensor???

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,002 Views)

just google it

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,686 Views)

I do not believe NI makes a driver for this sensor.  You'll have to do a little work ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,677 Views)

@zuzu12 wrote:

Excuse me I bought an ultrasonic sensor HC-SR04 and I need to know how to program it with labview. When I start labview I don not have any block that represent this sensor, there is one that is shown when I install Linx but I do not like to use linx, is there any other way to obtain the block so that I can program the sensor???

Can you look at how the Linx program is written and recreate it?  I have never used Linx.  You need to set up some counters, one to send the initial pulse that starts the sensor and then another counter to read the return signal from the sensor.  Then use the equation in the manual to turn the return signal into a distance.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,646 Views)