LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I messed up the three button dialog!

Hello,

I made a mess: I wanted to make the Three Button Dialog look different and I ended up "breaking" it.

Here is the sequence of what I have done

1) I placed a three button dialog

2) I double clicked on it, then pressed CTRL+E to see the diagram

3) I saw that there was a [Three Button Dialog CORE.vi], I double clicked on it

4) I changed the shape and location of the message window

5) I saved and closed everything

Now when I try to give a three button popup window the text box appears shifted and the text itself is broken into multiple lines in weird ways. All I would like to do is to restore the "stock" three button dialog. How can I do that?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,740 Views)

Do a restore install of your LabVIEW.  That is the best way.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,709 Views)

Hi crossrulz,

@crossrulz wrote:

Do a restore install of your LabVIEW.  That is the best way.

I will do that. In the meantime I have been experimenting on another machine (clean LabVIEW 2012 SP1 install in evaluation mode) and the Three Button Dialog behaves strangely.

See attachment. It seems that no matter what the input message is, it is never formatted like I expect it to be. The last word in the message is always on a new line.

Any advice? How can I control the appearance of the message?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,704 Views)

Don't have 2012 on this machine.  Seems to work just fine wtih 2014.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,697 Views)

@vpicco wrote:

Hello,

I made a mess: I wanted to make the Three Button Dialog look different and I ended up "breaking" it.

Here is the sequence of what I have done

1) I placed a three button dialog

2) I double clicked on it, then pressed CTRL+E to see the diagram

3) I saw that there was a [Three Button Dialog CORE.vi], I double clicked on it

4) I changed the shape and location of the message window

5) I saved and closed everything

Now when I try to give a three button popup window the text box appears shifted and the text itself is broken into multiple lines in weird ways. All I would like to do is to restore the "stock" three button dialog. How can I do that?

Thanks!!

Thats OK,  I have it on sound authority that you are not the only one who "Made a mess" of the Three Button Dialog Core.  (Sorry to mention it Stephen)

Give this attachment a shot instead- It does not do some of the cool beans stuff the TBD core does (poor localization support, long strings for button caption support is non existant and a few other things) But, it is good for 95% of use cases.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,683 Views)