LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm using Tektronix TDS3000 Labview driver measure the delay between pulses on two diffrent channels

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using the Tektronix TDS3000 Labview driver to setup a TDS3034B oscilloscope and am looking to measure the delay between the falling edge of a pulse on channel 1 and the failling edge of a pulse on channel 2. it appears that the TDS3034 can measure this internally by use of the measure button on the front panel, but how do I retreave this using your labview driver?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,264 Views)

Hi NigelSmith,

Having installed the TDS3000 driver, I'm unable to find a way to remotely access this function. However it is possible to do it via a longer method.

Firstly I'd recommend having a look at some of the examples included with the driver, in particular "Tektronix TDS 3000 Series Dual channel Waveform Acquire.vi" contained within the zip file you downloaded via the folders "Tektronix TDS 3000 Series" -> "Examples". This demonstrates the process of acquiring a waveform on two channels.

Have you thought about using cursors to find the delay between your pulses?

This would utilise a few of the VI files contained within the driver install.

Firstly use the "Configure Vertical Cursors.vi" to place cursors on the falling edge of each pulse.

[located in "Tektronix TDS 3000 Series" -> "Public" -> "Configuration" -> "Measurement"]

which can be measured using the "Read Cursors.vi"

[located in "Tektronix TDS 3000 Series" -> "Public" -> "Data"]

then the delay could be calculated using numeric calculations to find the difference between each cursor.

Hope this helps!

Tori

Tori
Student
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,201 Views)

You can also add a direct call to the SCPI command that returns the measurement after you position the cursors. According to my TDS3000 series programmer's manual, that would be

CURSor:XY:XDELta?     Returns the difference (delta) between the X-axis values of the two XY cursors

This might be simpler.

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,194 Views)

CHeers Tori

I was looking at the programming manual an noticed that there is a few commands related to measure delay. As I can set the TDS3034B correctly and see the measured value on the scope screen, I'm hoping that one of these commands will retrieve the measured value. I'll let you know how I get on.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,190 Views)

Hi NigelSmith,

How's your work with the Tektronix device going? Have you made any progress using the commands in the programming manual?

Tori

Tori
Student
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,167 Views)

Hi Tori

My work has suddenly gone on hold as there are some major design issues the the UUT. I'll let you know if and when I get back on track. Many thanks for your support on this.

Regards

Nigel

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,164 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author NigelSmith

Hi Tori

I'm now up and running, I'd already set the TDS3034B to measure the delay between the pulse on channel 1 and the pulse on channel two along with the pulse width on the channel 2 pulse. This was done by saving the settings on the scope to a floppy and cutting and pasting them into a modified version of the TDS3000 auto setup vi. I have since created a simple VI that allowed me to manually enter the tektronix commands and found that the command "measurement:meas1:data? did the trick.

Thanks for all your support on this matter.

Message 7 of 7
(5,153 Views)