From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm porting from v.6i to v.8.2, what is best way? What is a .lsb file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,333 Views)

Shane ( Shoneill) is the best person to answer thi Q. Smiley Happy

He is the one who has jumped from 6.1 to 8.20.

Wait for him. Smiley Wink

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
Message 2 of 4
(2,321 Views)
Hi jgrosman,

I hope you are doing well today! You just need to open the files in LabVIEW 8.2. You can do this by mass compiling your VIs for the new version or opening them individually. More information about mass compiling can be found here:
What Does Mass Compile Do in LabVIEW?
How Do I Mass Compile VIs, LLBs, or Folders in LabVIEW?

You might face some issues when upgrading:
LabVIEW 8.2.x Upgrade Issues

The LabVIEW Code Interface Node (CIN) is a block diagram node that links C/C++ source code to LabVIEW. Use the CIN as an alternative to using the Call Library Function Node for calling source code written in C. lsb files are just CIN code resources.  More information about them can be found in the following links:
How to build a CIN code resource (.lsb file)
Step-by-Step Code Interface Node (CIN) Tutorial
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,301 Views)

Make sure you have a backup copy of the v6i original vi's before you proceed. Once they are saved in 8.2, you can only revert them back to v8.0. which you will be unable to open them in v6 if you ever need to.

EDIT:

lsb files are LabVIEW subroutine files, which are compiled source code for CIN's (code interface nodes) which links C or C++ code to LabVIEW.

Message Edited by AnalogKid2DigitalMan on 04-20-2007 09:11 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 4 of 4
(2,297 Views)