From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm a power engineering student and I need some help programming!!!

First off, i have never used LabVIEW a day in my life. i have to use a mydaq to run a relay that controls a heater. I have create a VI that will countdown any input amount from 1 hour up to 12 hours that comes on when the time is selceted and shuts off when the timer ends. Any help will be greatly accepted.... 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,949 Views)

Start with below links to learn about LabVIEW programming and post VI/snippet which you tried and where you are stuck exactly instead of asking for full solution.

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

3 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction

LabVIEW Graphical Programming Course

Thanks
uday
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,912 Views)

Presumably someone in your Institution qualifies as a LabVIEW Guru.  Maybe they teach LabVIEW, maybe they're the "go-to person" when a student in Senior Design realizes "Oh, no, I need to learn LabVIEW quick, who should I see?".  Ask your fellow students and faculty, and go "apprentice" yourself for a week (means try to arrange to spend at least an hour a day with them).

LabVIEW is pretty easy to learn the "basics", especially if you have some guidance (the Tutorials aren't bad).  To get good at it, a mentor ("guru") can be very helpful, especially in teaching you about LabVIEW "Style", and some important "Do"s and "Don't"s.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,873 Views)
also there is many video in youtube to have to use ni DAQ
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,834 Views)

Getting any example from your friends in the school would be great help

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,829 Views)

Hi,

this could be also a good start for you..

startup.png

Regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,813 Views)