LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm 99 % Shure that my 'Format string constant is right' in (scan from string), But scan failes everytime?? Help!

Hi all,
I'm trying to get  a device data for: sensor type, software and hardware written out by using a scan from string.

But something is wrong with the Format string, I cant figure it out i used hours on it but no result. What could be wrong!,  Please tell me, what to do  or if it can be done another way!?

Regards Zamzam
HFZ
Message 1 of 11
(3,267 Views)
Hi!

I'm using LabView 8.0 on WinXP and there's no error when
running your program on my comp.

See attached for the result after program completion.

Maybe the problem lies somewhere else, I mean outside this VI - in the way you use it.

Best regards,
Rashid.
Message 2 of 11
(3,255 Views)
Hi HFZ,

what about that ?

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 3 of 11
(3,250 Views)

Hi,

If you wire the error-output you can see the error.

Try a '-' in the last search. You are using a '_' (underscore)

With the '-' it works fine
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,248 Views)
I'm surprised it works on LV 8... Smiley Surprised because it doesn't on LV 7.1.1 (error 85 : scan failed)

To be honest I didn't try to understand what was the mistake in HFZ code, I just modified it do as I usually do 😉 at least it works with LV 7.1.1

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 5 of 11
(3,249 Views)
The vi doesn't work on LV8. It produces also error 85 on my PC
Message 6 of 11
(3,246 Views)

@HFZ wrote:
Hi all,
I'm trying to get  a device data for: sensor type, software and hardware written out by using a scan from string.

But something is wrong with the Format string, I cant figure it out i used hours on it but no result. What could be wrong!,  Please tell me, what to do  or if it can be done another way!?

Regards Zamzam

It isn't right! replace "Hardware: %[A-Za-z 0-9._]" by "Hardware: %[A-Za-z 0-9.\-]"

Rolf Kalbermatter
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 7 of 11
(3,248 Views)
Rolf, without the '\' I think   Smiley Wink

Message Edited by K C on 02-24-2006 12:27 PM

Message 8 of 11
(3,239 Views)
Sorry, I didn't know that if not connect "error out" I'll never see the error. You are right there IS error: underscore is used instead of hyphen.

Best regards,
Rashid.
Message 9 of 11
(3,237 Views)

Hi all , Thanks all for the help,

I couldnt make it  answer you all, coz I got the help so quickly, Thanks guys,!

I asume that  Rolf K. answer was the right one, Coz i was really shure that it could be done like I make it, but switching the characters ' _ ' with ' - ' did it  wwwooooouyuuhhh. thanks Rolf!!!

Regards

Zamzam

HFZ
Message 10 of 11
(3,219 Views)