From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the student version of LabView and have FieldPoint modules AI/AO and Relay. Will these two be compatible to work with each other?

If purchasing the full version is what I need to do to make it work, I guess I will have to do that.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,294 Views)
The short answer is no, LabVIEW Student Edition will not work with the regular FieldPoint driver. The LabVIEW Student Version Works with any toolkit that is purely LabVIEW VIs. If DLLs or CINs are part of a toolkit then the toolkit not compatible. The FieldPoint VI's do contain calls to DLLs and thus will not work.

However, and this option only exists if you are using FieldPoint Serial network modules, you can use the FieldPoint Optomux VI's (available at ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/fieldpoint/LVFPOpto/ ). The information on how to use these VI's is in the FP-1000/1001 Programmers Reference Manual.

Regards,
Aaron
Message 2 of 3
(2,294 Views)
biketool wrote in message news:<506500000008000000A9320000-1005954886000@exchange.ni.com>...
> I have the student version of LabView and have FieldPoint modules
> AI/AO and Relay. Will these two be compatible to work with each
> other?
>
> If purchasing the full version is what I need to do to make it work, I
> guess I will have to do that.

When you purchased the fieldpoint modules you should have ordered the
CD (that is free) which contains fieldpoint explorer etc. On the
instalation if you choose custom install it will install all of the
fieldpoint vi's that you need. This should work with the version
you've got.

regards, Mark