From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have encountered the new error "Fatal internal error fpinit.cpp line 7398

I get the error message "Fatal internal error fpinit.cpp line 7398".

I use: 

TestStand 2.0

LabView 7.1

Vision 7.1

uEye USb Camera

I've included into my TestStand programm some new steps that control the uEye USB Camera.

I use following steps (all steps written in LabView):

- Initialze Camera

- Wait

- Close Camera

- Wait

I have the settings "Load dynamically" in TestStand"

If I use also the setting "Unload  after sequence executes" and start the sequence I get somtimes a LabView error after running the Step for the Camera initialization. LabView is sometimes immediatlly closed. This happen at leased after 10 turns/starts of the programm. If I use the loop functions "Loop on selected steps" it happen only sometimes at the first loop. The initialize Camera Step is every time pass, if TestStand try to run the next step I get a error.( Sometimes I get also the message ActiveX Server got lost)  

I detected also that sometimes in this case a constant in a other vi is emty. 

Normally I use the setting "Unload  when sequence file is closed" then I have the problem only sometimes at the first turn.

If the initialize Camera step is succesfull I have no problem with further camera steps.

Regards

Alexander

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,351 Views)

Hi Alex,

this may be caused by using a typedef ctl saved in a previous version of labview.

Do you use typedefs? 

Further I suggest to masscompile all your VIs.

Regards
DianaS
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,325 Views)

Hi Diana,

thanks for your answer.

I'm using some .ctl Files.

I 've made a mass compile but this was not the sollution. 

I detected, if I change the vi-properties for "preferred execution system" from "standard" to "user interface" it works better but sometimes LabView will still be closed after reload the vi's.

Is there somewhere a good describtion of the topic "preferred execution system".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,303 Views)

Hi Alex,

I'd suggest to replace all ctl. with new ones.

Perhaps one of them is corrupt.

You will find a documentation about preferred execution system

in the LabVIEW help. I also attached this files.

Regards
DianaS
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,300 Views)