LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an application that uses ActiveX containers and today, when I opened it, they were empty.

Yesterday everything was o.k but today the containers appear empty (there must be a treeview in one container and a CWGraphControl in another). Misteriously the Run arrow isn´t broken, and the property and invoke nodes are o.k. The problem is only in the front panel.
I'm working with LabVIEW 6.0.2 on a win NT machine.

Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,496 Views)
Try to relink your container to the correct activeX library, or register this properly (there's an activeX registering app somewhere in windows).
Hope this helps
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,496 Views)
It has been 7 months and I am finally getting back to you. Sorry, this is still a problem even with LV6.1.

Is this different than using rgsrv32 command from the dos propmt?

Thanks,

Todd
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,496 Views)
I don't have an answer but I can also confirm that 6 developers I know have seen similar behavior.

I am generating ActiveX objects through VB and inserting them into LabVIEW 6.0.2 on Windows NT. About once every couple of weeks or so, upon inserting the object into the container, the container is empty after the insertion is done.

It should be noted that the objects inserted have been used sucessfully for weeks on end without modification or incident. Also, after this problem occurs NO other ActiveX object can be inserted or even exist on the Panel of LabVIEW 6.0.2.

I have seen this bug in LabVIEW 5.1.1 and I have talked to other people at the advanced uses group meeting (LAVA) (Mt. View office - Bay area) that have experienced a very similar problem to
this.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,496 Views)
I Have resolved this problem installing LabView Runtime 6.02
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,496 Views)
All of the issues that I discuss above have occured while using LabVIEW 6.0.2 with the 6.0.2 run-time engine.

This issue of disappearing ActiveX container contents is such a sporatic issue. It quite often looks like the problem has gone away after doing something however, after a few months then it quite often will come back for an unexplained reason.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,496 Views)
I have also experienced this problem. You have. We all have. Ok then.

But what I want to know is how to resolve it? Even a temporary solution! Unregister/re-register the ActiveX doesn't work. Trying to reinsert the OCX in the container isn't possible. Will installation of LabVIEW 6.1 help? How did you overcome this problem when it occurred?

Thanks! /dB
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,496 Views)