From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a problem with data acquisition.

hi, everyone. 

I am sorry about my poor English.

I am inputting a signal from a sensor operating at 1 kHz square wave (duty cycle: 75%) to AI0 of the USB-6210. The signal received from AI0 is converted to a digital signal by the DAQ assistant. The sampling frequency is 10 kHz.
By the way, I want to acquire this signal at only 25 to 50% of the 1 kHz signal.
I am waiting for your advice.

Best regards,

wppome
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,973 Views)

What is your problem with this? What have you tried? Where did you fail?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,949 Views)

Try to learn enough LabVIEW that you can avoid using the DAQ Assistant.  You also want to avoid using Dynamic Data Wires (which the DAQ Assistant uses as its "preferred" output) -- learn about Waveforms.  DAQmx is quite simple (there are excellent tutorials on the Web -- search for DAQmx Tutorial) and gives you much more control of the code.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,919 Views)

So do you want to get the generated signal with duty cycle 20 to 50%? you can get the signal in a various way as chaning sample rate. However, I cannot understand that you want to change the duty cycle. Do you want to change it using an algorithm?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,901 Views)

@wppome wrote:

I am inputting a signal from a sensor operating at 1 kHz square wave (duty cycle: 75%) to AI0 of the USB-6210. The signal received from AI0 is converted to a digital signal by the DAQ assistant. The sampling frequency is 10 kHz.
By the way, I want to acquire this signal at only 25 to 50% of the 1 kHz signal.

Also, if the output signal is 1 kHz, and you want to acquire it at only 25 to 50 %, why do you sample at 10 kHz? Shouldn't that be 250-500 Hz?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,897 Views)