From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a labview 7 vi and i have labview 6.1

I have a labview 7 vi that get data from excel specified field. I have only labview 6.1 : could someone translate or "save as" these vi in labview 6.1 format ?
Thanks in advance.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,555 Views)
vi's converted to version 6.1
Download All
Message 2 of 7
(2,554 Views)
thanks very much, but i have a error when running it :

error code : -2147352565
Index incorrect.
in Excel_Get_Data_Specified_Field.vi

and the error code is not listed.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,554 Views)
It does not appear to me that this is a conversion error. It is more of what the vi is trying to do than anything else
The max count (i32 representation) is 2147 483 648
and you a reporting an error or value of 2147 352 565

It may be related to the max count or some data inside the file
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,554 Views)
The first time I ran your VI without error. I ran the VI again with a bad sheet name and got the exact same error code.

It seems that your workbook does not contain a sheet with the name specified. There is no provision for trapping this condition. If the sheet is not found, the Search 1D Array function will return -1, and an index of 0 is invalid.

Michael
Certified LabVIEW Developer
www.abcdefirm.com
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,554 Views)
Now the vi is working, thanks
but i can't choose only one cell to appear on my front pannel: there has to be at least 2. i have to look at it
thanks everybody
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,554 Views)
Hi,
I'd like to know if you have the reciprocal function, i.e how to convert a range or just an Excel column name (A, B, etc.) to an array index and so on?

Thank you in advance.

Bim
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,506 Views)