LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a Visual Basic application that is also an ActiveX server. L

abWindows 5.5 recognizes the controls and I can use them (methods and properties). LabVIEW 6i doesn't recognize it at all. When this same application was released to be only an ActiveX control, LabWindows and LabVIEW could both work with it. What happened?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,202 Views)
abWindows 5.5 recognizes the controls and I can use them (methods and properties). LabVIEW 6i doesn't recognize it at all. When this same application was released to be only an ActiveX control, LabWindows and LabVIEW could both work with it. What happened?What do you mean by doesn't work with LabVIEW 6? Are you able to create an automation refnum for it? Is it in the list of registered servers? Do the methods and properties show up in the nodes? Do you get any error messages from the Automation Open or from the nodes? You might want to make sure you have the 6.0.2 patch before you do too much digging into this.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,202 Views)
abWindows 5.5 recognizes the controls and I can use them (methods and properties). LabVIEW 6i doesn't recognize it at all. When this same application was released to be only an ActiveX control, LabWindows and LabVIEW could both work with it. What happened?It wasn't a LabVIEW problem after all. I had intsalled a final release on top of a beta-release of my ActiveX server and Windows got its knickers in a twist. After cleaning up the registry. LabVIEW used the ActiveX server like a charm. Thanks for extended help anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,202 Views)
abWindows 5.5 recognizes the controls and I can use them (methods and properties). LabVIEW 6i doesn't recognize it at all. When this same application was released to be only an ActiveX control, LabWindows and LabVIEW could both work with it. What happened?It wasn't a LabVIEW problem after all. I had intsalled a final release on top of a beta-release of my ActiveX server and Windows got its knickers in a twist. After cleaning up the registry. LabVIEW used the ActiveX server like a charm. Thanks for extended help anyway.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,202 Views)