LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Mitsubishi PLC FX 128 MR model type, I have a scada which supports opc client. how do i communicate PLC and Scada. please note the the SCADA which i have does not have FX series PLC protocol.

You will need to get an OPC server that can communicate with your Mitsubishi PLC FX 128 MR. Unfortunately, we presently do not have an OPC server that supports that particular model, so you will need to contact Mitsubishi to get an OPC server.

Since both LabVIEW DSC and Lookout can communicate with OPC servers, once you have an OPC server that can communicate with your PLC, you can use the OPC client object within Lookout or the tag engine within LabVIEW DSC to read the data from the server.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,870 Views)
Use Mitsubishi's MX Component. This utilises activex and I have successfully managed to develope VI's to both read and write to the PLC for control and datalogging. MX Component currently retails at 299 GBP and I do not know of any other protocol on the market that you can use(Mits have told me that they do not know of any either and were not even aware that MX Component could be used with LV until I proved it to them).You can use this by directly connecting to the PLC using one of many different communication protocols(serial, ethernet, profibus etc.)
I am not sure how this will tie in with your SCADA package, are you using this as your front end because by using LV and MX Component you could do away with any bespoke SCADA and easily develope your own. I am curren
tly working on a VI that reads data from the PLC (FXon-24MR)in real time, displays it on a graph and logs it to a MySQL database complete with report production.

If you would like further details on how to use MX Component with LV(Its a doddle, really)then please email me at marklea@dcnorris.co.uk

Yours
Mark lea
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,870 Views)