From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 sets of two xy graphs, I would like to have them both display on only two graphs (as opposed to four)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a program that runs a set of parameters once forward, and graphs the results on graph "A" and then runs the same parameters, but backwards, and graphs those results on graph "B". The graphs are within "For Loops" so they have a hard time communication with one another. I would like the two sets of coordinates to display on one graph

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,235 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nbenz

If you would re-architect your code as a state machine, it would only need one loop. Try it. 😄

(How fast are the loops? Do you need to be able to itereactively watch as the graphs build or is it sufficient to graph everything at once at the end?)

Also, why do you do all these succesive write to file operations? Can't you concatenate the strings and append them to the file in one operation?

Message 2 of 5
(2,233 Views)

I didnt write most of the program Smiley Indifferent my job was just to alter it, I will try that. I was able to make two more graphs which displayed the two xy plots overlayed as you described. Ill look into the saving alteration later on, thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,228 Views)

Also, is there any way to format a graph such that the y-scale minimum is 0 while the maximum is autoascale?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,224 Views)

@nbenz wrote:

Also, is there any way to format a graph such that the y-scale minimum is 0 while the maximum is autoascale?

No, but you can turn off autoscaling and set the axis limits programmatically using property nodes.

For example set the lower to zero and the upper based on max([y]).

Message 5 of 5
(2,222 Views)