From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get an error 107439120 Not an image when using IMAQ subtract.

I am triggering an ISG 1394 camera to get two images.  I subtract the two images using the IMAQ subtract function.  I have this in a while loop.  It runs fine for approximately 280 iterations.  Then I get the error mentioned.  Should I be disposing and creating new images after each iteration?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,481 Views)
Hey joeG,

The error you are getting is a Vision error, so I am assuming it occurs at the Subtract function. You don't have to dispose of and create new image buffers for each iteration of your loop. What I would recommend is setting up a buffer for each image that you are going to be using before you go into your while loop. Set up a buffer for image 1, a buffer for image 2, and then a buffer for your resulting (subtracted) image. I tried this out and did not have any problems. Also, I attached a picture of the code to this post, so see if you can implement it into your code if it is not similar already. One thing that I did not have was triggering, so if your code is similar, then maybe you are getting the error if there is some triggering issue. Let us know how things work out for you, and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns, especially if you are still getting this error. Also, if you are still getting this error, please include more information about your software, such as which 1394 driver version you are using, etc. Thanks, and have a great day. 

Regards,
DJ L.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,473 Views)
Thanks.  I will try it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,452 Views)