LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get a printer error when I try to use print window

I have upgraded a number of programs to LabVIEW 8.0.  Some I have edited, some I have not.  The programs run tests and plot data on a graph on the front panel.  When I use the Print Window command, I get a LabVIEW printer error telling me to define a default printer.  Of course, a default printer is defined and I can easily print from other software.  Prior to the upgrade, this feature worked as expected.  Can anyone guide me in the right direction on this one?  I'd appreciate it.

John M
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,567 Views)

Hi,

Try doing File>>Print >> go through the settings until you come at teh last window where you see the button for printer setup. Click on Printer setup and see if you see your default printer in the next window. Please post how it goes.

Regards,

Ankita

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,556 Views)

The print setup window displays and shows the default printer.  However, when I select the properties button, nothing happens, as if the program does really see the default printer.  Thanks for your reply.

John

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,549 Views)
Hmm...interesting. Let's try this : open a blank VI an drop a generic property node on your block diagram. Now right click and choose printing >> default printer. Try to write the name of your default printer to this property node. Please let me know if this helps.

Ankita
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,539 Views)
I am no longer at the customer site.  Fortunately, the customer has some experience and I can walk him through this.  I get the idea.  If the test vi works, I'll have him add it to the program at an appropriate spot, and then test it.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,527 Views)