cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have DAQmx Vi's in LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all, 

I have recently downloaded Labview 8,5 on my computer (Free student version). I have also installed Ni-DAQmx hardware to the computer and the acquisition card (BNC-2120).

Everything is working correctly. Only I would like to use DAQmx Vis in Labview and I can not find them. 

Is there a reason? How can I find/download them?

Thanks for your help. 

Alexandra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,980 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ddepann

Which version of DAQmx did you install?  It looks like the latest version of DAQmx that will work with LabVIEW 8.5 is DAQmx 9.3.  If you installed anything newer, it will not work with LabVIEW 8.5.

DAQmx and LabVIEW Version Compatibility

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,977 Views)

If you're just starting your development, why not download something less than 8 years old?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,933 Views)

ok, I will try this, thankyou

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,908 Views)

Because it is the free student version my university gave me when I was there. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,906 Views)

The newest version of LabVIEW (2015 SP1) is available for download, and comes with a 7 day trial, that can be extended to 45 days for free if you have an NI account (you already do because you are on the forums).  There is also a 6 month student version that is free, and can be renewed every 6 months.  And if after all of that you decided you do want LabVIEW, then there is a home edition for $50 that now also allows you to make EXEs, which your student, and trial editions won't.  Of course if you don't want to hassle with it you can stick with the many years old version, just don't expect any support if things don't work on the newest operating systems since they won't be supported.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,876 Views)