From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I couldn't for the love of god get NI MAX to work.

I have been trying literally the whole day to get NI MAX to work. All I want is to read data from my expensive NI DAQ hardware.

My system:

Window 10

Labview 2019

NI MAX 19.0

I came across all sort of errors just by opening NI MAX:

1. The software took more time than my Sims 3 to load.

2. Timeout on getting info of my system.

3. There's a 50/50 chance anything will display at all, and when it does, I try clicking on Devices and interfaces to look at my DAQ hardware. Couldn't do that, crash immediately. Same with trying to look at software side.

4. Try to put down a DAQ assistance on Labview. 50/50 it will go pass initialisation, and when it does, it does not recognise any analog input at all!

I have tried:

1. Reset NI config

2. Reinstall NI DAQ

3. Reset MAX's database

4. Restart my laptop.

I have not tried bang my head on the wall yet but willing to. Why would you guys make something that is so heavily dependent on each other to be efficiently used like that! Please for the love of god help me out on this.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,890 Views)

Two things come to mind...

Make sure you have admin priv when installing DAQmx

Make sure DAQmx is installed BEFORE plugging in the hardware.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,857 Views)

What sort of LabVIEW experience do you have?  Have you been doing LabVIEW development for more than a year?  Have you ever done a successful LabVIEW installation?

What hardware do you intend to use with LabVIEW?

LabVIEW 2019 takes the task of installing LabVIEW and raises it to a new level of frustration and complexification (I hope that's not a real word!).  

I'm currently in the process of installing LabVIEW 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019.  In a half-dozen tries, I've succeeded twice.  In addition, all except LabVIEW 2016 have thrown errors during the installation process, errors that often "went away" by simply repeating the installation with exactly the same specifications.

Could you tell us the following:

• What Products, Toolkits, and Modules are you installing?  Please also include whether 32-bit or 64-bit.
  • What Device Drivers are you installing?
  • In what order are you doing the installation?

I know MAX is giving you a problem, but if you can get it to load, the following pictures would be helpful:

• A picture of the left-hand pane with Devices and Interfaces expanded.
  • A picture of the left-hand pane with Software expanded (you don't need to expand the sub-tabs).

If, after a week's work, you are still struggling, I'd seriously consider trying to install LabVIEW 2016, the most trouble-free (from a standpoint of installation and stability) version from the last four years.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,775 Views)

Hey Bob! Thanks for being great.

What I found later on (which led me to ask another question that you answered yesterday, Australian time), Windows disables my NI Config and NI Device Loader for some reason (firewall maybe?). So I reenable them, and do other things such as downgrade my DAQmx version and restart my laptop couple trillion times. And now it works. However, whenever I restart my Window computer, I have to go back and enable those things again! Which is really really annoying.

Man, I really miss Linux. It's a same that NI doesn't support Ubuntu.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,743 Views)